Introducing...The Murphy Advantage
Our customers are special to us;we consider you family! That’s why we developed the Murphy Advantage Plan for you! This plan provides you with comfort knowing that your used or new vehicle is covered to keep you and your family safe!
What is the New Vehicle Coverage?
Every New Vehicle sold includes a 10 year, Quarter Million Mile Non-Manufacturer Limited Powertrain Warranty.
Which new vehicles qualify?
This warranty is valid on all vehicles deemed new and the vehicle has never been titled.
Can you give me an example?
Qualified New vehicle has 111 miles at time of delivery (January 1, 2019), then the warranty will expire at 250,111 miles or (10) ten-years (January 1, 2029), whichever comes first.
What does the warranty cover
They 10 year Quarter Million Mile Warranty covers all mechanical issues that occur on the vehicle's powertrain. The powertrain are the parts of a car that provide power and make it move. Typically that involves the engine, transmission, and the parts that allow power to travel from the engine to the wheels
- What is the Used Vehicle Coverage?
Most warranties you get on certified used cars is from the “In-Service Date” AKA the day the original owner bought the car. But how is that a warranty for you? The advantage of purchasing a qualified used vehicle with us, is that this warranty starts when YOU purchase the car.
- Which used vehicles qualify?
All used, retailed, vehicles 10 years or younger, that also have less than 100,000 miles qualify for the 7 year, Quarter Million Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty. As the owner, be sure to keep up the factory recommended maintenance. We recommend having the maintenance done at any of the Murphy Auto Group stores listed above, but it is not required.
- Can you give me an example?
A qualified pre-owned vehicle has 11,111 miles at time of delivery (January 1, 2019), then the warranty will expire at 261,111 miles or (7) seven-years (January 1, 2026), whichever comes first.
- What does the warranty cover?
Every Quarter Million Mile Warranty covers all mechanical issues that occur on the vehicle's powertrain. The powertrain are the parts of a car that provide power and make it move. Typically that involves the engine, transmission, and the parts that allow power to travel from the engine to the wheels.
Original In Service Date: The date the vehicle was originally purchased and titled under a person’s name.
Time of Delivery: After all paperwork has been done and the salesperson hands over the keys. When the customer becomes the owner of the vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the customer keep the warranty valid?
The only thing that the Customer has to do is perform the factory recommended maintenance as outlines in their owner's manual for the vehicle they are purchasing. Although it is HIGHLY advised that you do all factory maintenance at a Murphy Auto Group dealership, you only need to get pre-approval from United States Warranty (Administer of Policy) and the work must be completed by an ASE Certified technician.
- Where can the Factory Maintenance be done to keep the Warranty Valid?
Any ASE Certified Technician can complete the maintenance as long as the Customer gains pre-approval. Completing any factory maintenance at a Murphy Auto Group Dealership does NOT need preapproval.
- How do we pay for it?
Murphy Auto Group factors the expense of this coverage into the pre-sale inspection and reconditioning cost of each vehicle to make sure the customer has a solid peace of min in the purchase of their vehicle.
- Does the 10-year quarter million-mile limited power-train warranty cover everything on powertrain with 0 deductible?
Yes, if factory maintenance is proved to be done.
- Our favorite what's the catch?
None, just keep your warranty valid?
- Do I have to service it at the dealership I purchased my vehicle from?
We highly recommend that you do because we keep your records. If serviced at other places, customers must keep their own records.
- What if I move out of the area?If I keep records of maintenance at the dealership in which I purchased the vehicle can we still bring the vehicle back to us with any power-train issues in the future?
- Do we have to purchase this?
It is included in the price of new vehicles; it comes with every new vehicle.
- What happens when the customer is out of town and get their recommended service at another dealership?
The customer must keep records to prove your maintenance to the warranty company.
- Is the 250,000 on top of the mileage that is on the vehicle now?
- What if I move out of the area?
If I keep records of maintenance at the dealership in which I purchased the vehicle can we still bring the vehicle back to us with any power-train issues in the future?
- Do you have to do the maintenance here to have this honored?
We highly recommend that you do because we keep your records. At other places, customers must keep their own records.
- At what mileage does the recommended service requirement stop?